Can someone help me out with my dry skin hand issue please?

Hi. I've been having problems with my hand for years and years in the middle of my palm. It's never gone and I say I've had it there for at least 6 years. It dries all the time and cracks. I was using a lot of cement years and years ago and I suspect its a lime burn or something. Had loads of cream from the doctors and seen a lot of people but never been able to solve it. Does anyone have any idea? I'm putting a picture up but it's usually much worse than this, I'm just constantly creaming it at the moment as the cracks were so bad. Thank you

Google dyshidrosis.  dermnet.org.nz.

Aquaphor , if it irritates you, try benzothonium chloride. Maybe just vasoline/petrolium jelly.

• Tavy

Have you tried E45 cream it's used in Antarctica.

• Alex

One of the best things that I've ever found for my hands was raw lanolin.

My boss was ordering bales of wool from Argentina and I helped her re-package them. They were straight off the sheep with no processing, no cleaning so they were covered in the raw, unprocessed lanolin.

My hands for a month were smoother than a baby's bottom.

My advice is to web search for anyone who can get you pure lanolin (not mixed into a lotion) and use that on your hands. This is going to sound weird, but hear me out.

Get some of the lanolin, cover your hands with a generous amount before going to bed then cover your hands with clean socks.

When you wake up in the morning, wash your hands with a mild soap and warm (not hot, not cold) water and pat (not rub) dry.

Do that for a week and see what does for your hands.