Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 4 months ago

Do you laugh when someone uses the word "erect?"?

As in, "They are erecting a building."

• F

A local authority in the UK had problems when their email system started blocking rude words, the planning department was especially affected as erection came up in nearly every application.

It can to a head when Dick and Fanny Cockburn from Scunthorpe wanted to erect a coop for their chickens and cockerel .

Mike Hunt from Penistone also had problems.

I guess most homosexuals would. But I also guess that even those with an IQ of over 70 think higher than that.

So now that you learned a new word and its use among misfits, you may go to bed, now. Your mother is proud of you. 

No, but then again, I am not 10.

I admit I tried really hard to suppress the giggles during a lecture where a visiting professor kept referring to 'Homo Erectus's last stand'.

When he said it persisted in Java for much longer than we originally thought, by that stage, half the row was in tears trying to laugh quietly due to the contagion.

• JimZ

My wife and I were at the Dick's sporting goods right before the virus and she was asking the guy that worked there if there were any bigger Dick's (pretty much verbatim).  Do they have bigger Dick's in South Coast Plaza?....  She didn't even get it until I repeated what she asked him later.  Yeah, my brain is that of a 16 year old too.  

• Helen

My boss once had me type out an email including the sentence "if you need assistance with erection". (Yes, in terms of a building, I hasten to add).

Being in his 80's, I imagine the word had lost all significance for him, however it still gives me the shudders!

What are you, like 5?

Always. .

No because i'm not a 12 year old immature girl..for your sake i hope you are...

Not since I was 12.