Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 4 months ago

Do you laugh when someone uses the word "erect?"?

As in, "They are erecting a building."

15 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 6
    4 months ago
    Favourite answer

A local authority in the UK had problems when their email system started blocking rude words, the planning department was especially affected as erection came up in nearly every application.

It can to a head when Dick and Fanny Cockburn from Scunthorpe wanted to erect a coop for their chickens and cockerel .

Mike Hunt from Penistone also had problems.

• 4 months ago

I guess most homosexuals would. But I also guess that even those with an IQ of over 70 think higher than that.

So now that you learned a new word and its use among misfits, you may go to bed, now. Your mother is proud of you. 

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

No, but then again, I am not 10.

• 4 months ago

I admit I tried really hard to suppress the giggles during a lecture where a visiting professor kept referring to 'Homo Erectus's last stand'.

When he said it persisted in Java for much longer than we originally thought, by that stage, half the row was in tears trying to laugh quietly due to the contagion.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • JimZ
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

My wife and I were at the Dick's sporting goods right before the virus and she was asking the guy that worked there if there were any bigger Dick's (pretty much verbatim).  Do they have bigger Dick's in South Coast Plaza?....  She didn't even get it until I repeated what she asked him later.  Yeah, my brain is that of a 16 year old too.  

• Helen
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

My boss once had me type out an email including the sentence "if you need assistance with erection". (Yes, in terms of a building, I hasten to add).

Being in his 80's, I imagine the word had lost all significance for him, however it still gives me the shudders!

• 4 months ago

What are you, like 5?

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Always. .

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

No because i'm not a 12 year old immature girl..for your sake i hope you are...

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Not since I was 12.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.