How Safe are Hotels due to Coronavirus?

I was planning to visit a friend a few hours away and stay in a hotel for two days. Should I scratch the idea? I dont know how thoroughly hotels are cleaning their rooms.

Are you often meeting older persons, or persons who already have sicknesses? These people could die if you infect them. 

Stay home

Most buildings are safe from getting the virus. Concrete does not get sick.

It is the human next to you in the building you worry about.

At this time which part of    JUST STAY HOME   do you not understand?

If you MUST travel then go.

For next few months it is not recommended to go ANYWHERE.

Cleaning staff clean as best they can. Being STERILE with 100% virus free is the standard in HOSPITAL isolation wards.

I dont know how thoroughly hotels are cleaning their rooms.

Guess what there is no UNIVERSAL cleaning standard for every hotel on the planet. The more expensive places tend to do a better job

Should I scratch the idea?

At this time which part of    JUST STAY HOME   do you not understand?

Kill the idea for now. Most hotels are shutting down temporarily until this pandemic passes. Recommend doing a teleconference. (I live in Honolulu. Recently teleconferenced with my family back in Boston. It was fun. :-))

You're safer and so are other people if you don't travel now.

• MS

You should scratch that idea, not just because of the hotel possibly being contaminated.  You might be infected and not know it - and then you pass it to hotel workers and your friend, who pass it along to others.  Your friend might be infected and not know it - and then she passes it to you and you pass it on from there.  STAY HOME and away from others.  

As for the hotel, I'm sure they're doing their best.  But there is a chance that things aren't cleaned as well as they should be.  Hotel staff is now low.

stay at home until April 30th

hotels are not safe , even the doorknob

may be infected with the corona virus

As said.    It would depend on where in the world you are and where you intend to travel to.   Hotels, restaurants, pubs etc.etc. - all shut in the UK and ONLY essential travel allowed (shopping, picking up meds, vets.)

You'd be doing yourself a favour by postponing this planned trip, regardless.   The more we move around, even if allowed still, the more this virus risks being spread.    STAY AT HOME.

• Cei

Not sure where you are in the World. But hotels in most countries are shut down.

Even if they were open - the advice is not to undertake non essential travel. Going to visit a friend is not classed as essential travel.

Stop at home...