Why does it seem like that I have to eat every 2-3 hours?

• patty

well i probably eat like this too, u just have to have some healthy snacks

By "have to eat" what exactly do you mean? You get hungry? Or something happens when you don't eat? By something happening, I mean you get shaky, sweaty, or confused, feel lightheaded or have pains somewhere in your digestive system. If you simply feel hungry every 2-3 hours, that's probably because of a habit you've developed. If you prefer to eat that often, it may be that you aren't eating enough at each meal to fill you up or make you feel full.

If you have any of the physical symptoms listed, your blood sugar is probably the culprit. It may be going too low between meals--or too high! This is something you need to get checked out, because it's one of the symptoms of a metabolic imbalance, which could mean diabetes. Since I don't know how old you are, it could be either type I or type II--but it definitely needs to be investigated. 

• Anonymous2 months agoReport

My stomach growls a lot.

• denise

It must be your metabolism,   Its healthier to eat little & often [smaller meals].

Because you actually do...

But wisely.

Breakfast - Snack - Lunch - Snack - Dinner

The best way to do this is to use the services of a Nutritionist who will make a perfect plan for you according to your Sex, Age, Weight etc...

You do not need to starve to stay healthy...

You might be the type of person that has a metabolism that requires less energy, but more often. Some people will have 5-6 small meals a day rather than the standard 3, as they find that keeps their energy levels up better.

If you are currently following a diet that has you eating every 2-3 hours, you are doing your body (and your insulin levels) a real disservice. Let’s look at Insulin a little deeper… Your pancreas produces insulin, the hard-working hormone that seeks out sugar, also known as glucose and turns it into useful energy.

Appetite? Physical condition? Mental condition? Quite a lot of possible reasons. Which one do you think is right?

Weird. You probably need to visit the doctor.

• T-half

For me, it's usually because I've been sitting too long.  I either need to take a nap, go to bed, or go on a walk to get the blood pumping oxygen to my brain.

Some of the time it's due to simple carbohydrates, and not enough fiber in my diet.

It's a  habit you need to change , you must find ways of keeping to meal times I am not saying it's easy but that's what some habits do