Kathy asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

What hospital patients get an IV?

--  Not that many. IV's are given to increase the fluid intake in some patients. Other patients have IV's as a means of introducing medication, especially antibiotics, in liquid form, to the body over a long period.

--  Some IV's are used for Chemotherapy and some are for blood transfusions. Others are used for iron transfusions where tablets and injections are not adequate.

-- Over the recent years I have had blood transfusions, antibiotic IV's, Iron transfusion and a regular Zometa Infusion (which I will be having later today). I have been lucky and only had injections and tablets for my Chemotherapy.

Involved 28,000 patients at Vanderbilt University who were given IVs of saline or a balanced fluid.

Usually all of them. We want it for emergency access, if nothing else. There are a few exceptions. Some people are difficult to get a line into or request not to have one.

• Kathy2 months agoReport

Madeline seemed surprised to me when her teacher Miss Clavel told her the next day that Lady Covington passed away. Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it.