promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Giving all the poor people a $1200 handout wont help the economy, want to help the economy? Cut capital gains tax by 90 percent for 6 months?

Watch the markets explode and shoot upward.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    LMAO!

    Sure great for those that already are in like the top 2% or so - everyone else gets screwed BAD!

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

    Only problem is exploding markets help the 1% and do little for the other 99%.

    The US is a consumer based economy. You want to spark the economy put more disposable income into the hands of the 99% not more into the 1%.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    This is completely false.  Stock purchases have almost no stimulative impact on the wider economy.  The stock market mainly impacts the economy when it tanks and destroys people's savings.  Other than that the ups and downs are mostly important for the very tiny slice of the economy which is involved in day trading. 

    Sending people money is the best way to stimulate the economy.  That's because those people will, hopefully, go out and spend that money, thus increasing economic activity.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • humpty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Rubbish. Without money to buy trade goods the American people cannot kick start the economy. The companies I am invested in cannot sell if the customers are all broke. We cannot even begin to produce without a ready market.

    Frankly, money at my level is wasted. My dog understands trickle down economics; that's why he hides under the table when I eat. What we need here is trickle up economics with cash in the hands of those who need our goods.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    You are just mindlessly criticizing Trump.  If there was no "stimulus" plan (it is actually disaster aid) then you would be criticizing Trump for NOT "giving all the poor people $1200", wouldn't you? 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Alan S
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

    Giving the rich more money does nothing other than giving them more money.  They don't use that money to hire workers or pay people more, and besides, we are in a lockdown and no one is going to be hired other than in a few essential industries.  Cutting the capital gains tax won't do anything anyway, because with the stock market crashing, there won't be a lot of capital gains.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Susie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    There are many who are not working and don’t have funds coming in.  If they can’t pay their bills, banks will be stuck with foreclosed homes, and credit companies and utility companies will lose even more money, . This helps those people but the money is put into the economy helping that too. You would rather have tons of homeless people getting welfare??  Wouldn’t that be counterproductive to the economy? 

    • Susie
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

      Thumbs down for a common sense answer?  If you thought you knew the answer than you shouldn’t have asked in the first place. Go Play somewhere else. 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

    cutting capital gains tax encourages people to SELL stocks lol that would bring the market down.

    how else would you get that tax cut if you didn't sell?

    • ...Show all comments
    • Lois Griffin
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

      @Manbearpig: Were capital gains taxes cut during the 1990's?  not really until the later-90's early-2000s, according to this link: https://www.fool.com/retirement/2017/02/11/a-95-year-history-of-maximum-capital-gains-tax-rat.aspx

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

    Sorry we got a bunch of morons running the USA right now

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

    Maybe we can try a mixture of both.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.