promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

If a Christian does not know how to pronounce the word « tithe » correctly, is it safe to assume they're not paying it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If a "christian" does not know how to PRONOUNCE  the word "TITHE" correctly, is it SAFE to ASSUME  they are not paying it     NO one is making  many ***-U-ME tions  one that the person is fluent  in ENGLISH

the term  "CHRISTIAN"  infers that the person holds a certain BELIEF  , Belief  describes a person's stated  of  being CONVINCED  of a proposition or allegation of which they have no DIRECT  KNOWLEDGE

the term TITHE describes  an ACTION / BEHAVIOR / PRACTICE ( noun)  one tenth of a persons annual produce or earnings FORMALLY taken as a TAX for the support of the CHURCH or CLERGY ( verb ) the action of a person to pay or GIVE  as  a  tithe    the word TITHE comes from  the OLD ENGLISH word "teogotha" which means     TENTH

in the HEBREW Bible the word is "maasar' ( mah-as-ahr)

AMI

was born  and lives in    INDIA her language is Tamil  she is a "Christian " and has DIFFICULTY   pronouncing ENGLISH WORDS , but  In her  native language     Tamil  the word she uses is "tacamapakan"( TITHE)  or "pattu" ( TEN ) "pattavatu"( TENTH )  in which she is DIRECTED to  pay by her clergy or church leaders

RELIGIONS are( sociology )  a CULTURAL system of DIRECTED behaviors and practices of a SOCIAL organization imposed upon populations  that promotes "Sacred " places DOCTRINE and " SUPERNATURAL "   PROPOSITIONS another situation is  AMI  could SELF label  herself as a "christian "  as in Holds a certain belief and NOT PRACTICE  the "RELIGION"as in "PREFORM " the DIRECTED  behaviors and practices  of CHRISTIANITY  or a denomination of Christianity or even attend a "CHURCH " or be a member of a congregation the word "  CHRISTIAN " is a very BROAD TERM its used by many persons or groups of persons  CHRISTIANITY has  two divisions and 6 branches  thousands of denominations its a Broad Brush to paint with some people have difficulty  pronouncing   the  German word "stuhlgang" but they still  have a bowel movement  everyday

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

No, it probably just means someone read it at some point, either them or an influential person in their church, and passed it on.

• 2 months ago

not really.............

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not really. I was raised Catholic. Every week we put money in the collection plate. It was called "putting money in the collection plate". Never even heard the word tithing until my late 20s.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I don't know. If they are talking about in the first place it seems logical that they would be to me.

• 2 months ago

Not all Christian religion require tithing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.