Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Ladies, why should men care when you get raped when no one seems to care when men get taken advantage of?

Of course rape is wrong and no woman deserves to have that happen to them. However, men are constantly used and manipulated by women all the time and are simply told to just deal with it and learn from our mistakes. Rape is terrible, but at the end of the day it's just sex, only non-consensual. Yet rape victims get so much attention and support. What about all the men who get scammed by a girl he trusted and cared for? There are shelters for battered women, but none for the guy that has everything taken from him after divorcing his gold digging wife. I don't want to devalue the #metoo movement, but if you didn't get an STD or pregnant, it honestly isn't that big of a deal, your vagina will heal overtime. That guy will probably never get his money back and end up in debt for the rest of his life. That's a pretty heavy price to pay just for trusting the wrong woman. 

Do you think men don't understand what's like to feel violated, exposed, powerless, humiliated, afraid to speak up about what happened without getting laughed at or blamed for it? Women make it seem like it's impossible for anyone to relate unless they've been raped themselves but that is simply not true. I'm not trying to be insensitive to the struggles many females must face, but why should I care about yours if you don't give a damn about mine or anyone else's?

Women aren't the only ones suffering from the mental trauma of being taken advantage of but they get all if not most of the help they need, while men go on virtually unnoticed or are never taken seriously. Then everyone wonders why he snaps and hurts himself or seeks revenge. What else can you do besides run away? 

well i do actually care when men r taken advantage of, but its rare and not likely to happen much

• Gandalf the black

I'm not trying to justify rape, but men rarely get the help we need when we are taken advantage of so it's only natural for some to seek their own justice.

I read about half of what you wrote and I got brain cancer. God damn, man. I mean I can see your point. But at the same time rape is not the same as manipulation.

I'm a man myself, but when men get raped they are usually in a position of weakness or being blackmailed. In most cases if a man doesn't want to have sex, he won't, men are usually stronger than woman and can keep the woman off him, unless she has a gun or knife, she won't be able to rape him.

When rape occurs on a woman, she is almost always in a position of weakness, she can't fight the man off, he is too strong, she has no weapon, there is nothing she can do to stop what is about to happen. Eventually she'll tire herself out and the man will have his way, leaving her physically, emotionally and mentally scared.

gynocentrism and cultural misandry