Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 months ago

Can you recover from a death threat?

Some time ago, someone had threatened to kill me.

I'm not sure anymore if the person remembers that they said it and I can't go back and ask the individual because the individual wants no contact with me anymore.

I am now physically distant from this individual to the point of no contact, but tonight, I remember what was said and I realized that I'm not okay.

I've surrendered the situation to God and forgiven them, but I'm still not emotionally okay.  Should I worry about it?  Is there anything more that I can do?  Should I seek help?

Let be be more specific, as the situation was a little more complicated than that.

The person in question I was living with.  The death threat was more along the lines of if I didn't leave their house soon, they would kill me.

Rest of the question is the same.

You probably need therapy. I had a death threat which I addressed in therapy. I found that it got a lot worse before it got better but I think I had to let that happen in order to cope long term. I also found, and you may want to look out for this, that as time went by I began to fear other people with characteristics I perceived they had in common with the guy, and also imagined I saw him because I was afraid. I also moved house for practical reasons. But I did get past it and he ended up in prison.

You poor Snowflake.

Do you have a pastor or someone mature in the Lord you trust that you can talk to?

You have the right to ask to resolve this.  To ask forgiveness for your part.

Assure them that once this is done, you'll disconnect.

I'm interested in why they want no contact.

God would not have afraid.  And you have rights.

Yes, people CAN hurt others at a distance.

But, face up, and it changes.

Basic law of the jungle; animals pursue what runs.

@Jea is obsessed with Christians,  so called, never answers the question. 

That must be the only death threat that you have received,,  After you've had a few, they do not seem as 'threatening'

• Jea

I was never damaged by a death threat, though I have had a few of them over the years.  Christians get insulted by facts, and make idle threats.  Only once did one try to beat me up.  He learned the folly of that.