promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I am trying to persuade my husband into adoption even though we already have four kids. What are some reasons to adopt. ?

We have 3 boys (10,6,4) and a girl (8). I plan to adopt a little 2 year old boy. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You asked what are some reasons to adopt, but I would ask you to consider an excellent reason *not* to adopt: your husband doesn't want to.

No adult should have to take on such a huge responsibility against his (or her) will, and no adoptee should have to be raised in a home where one parent did not enthusiastically want him.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

How about listening to why he doesn't want to do it? Listen, then repeat it back. Then go away to understand it.

Marriage is a partnership. There's no such thing as "I plan to adopt" when you're married. Either it's "We plan" or it's nothing. There is NO WAY an adoption agency will let you adopt a child if your husband doesn't want to.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You have enough children!

• 2 months ago

It seems like you already have enough toddlers running around already ...((?))

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

foster parenting is better as you are paid for it

• 2 months ago

If someone isn't enthused about the idea of adoption, that person should not adopt.

Source(s): Adoptee and Adoptive Mom.
  • Mandy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Why is it that you need to ask for reasons to adopt, if you want to adopt a child?  You should know what all the reasons - particularly, what your reasons, are.  You sound as though you don’t have a clue and are just being stupid.

• 2 months ago

Surely the most important reasons for you to adopt are YOUR reasons! Are your (joint) arguments well thought through? Are they purely emotional, or balanced with your intelligence, down-to-earth common sense and heart (who you really are - your soul if you like)?  Good Luck!

• 2 months ago

You want to give a child a loving home, able to provide for a child that currently has no one, that child is in need of a family

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.