promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Hunter asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

what are the benefits of drinking hot water?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

if you are plugged up and can't go potty, drinking warm water every half hour then laying down flat on the floor or bed , it will help unplug the clog, it never fails...your body will let you know when, don't try to go before your body tells you...

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Linda
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I do not like drinking hot water unless I have a sore throat and then I add a little salt to it in order to gargle with it. Drinking hot water over cold water has no known benefits and can actually cause more problems if you drink very much of it. It can cause dehydration and nausea or vomiting in large amounts. Drinking warm milk is beneficial before bed as a sleep aide, but not warm water. Choose cool or cold water for drinking and save hot water for showers or baths. 

• 2 months ago

Warm drinks, we are told, washes certin bacteria down  to the stomach, where it cannot survive.

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It’s better for your digestion although it should be with a little lemon

• Linda
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Hot tea is fine with lemon 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Olive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some things it helps with are: Good for nasal congestion. Helps digestion. Keeps hydrated. Calms nerves. Helps constipation

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.