promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

How is it possible for some drug dealers to get away with it for so long?

I do know that most dealers just do it for a little extra income. Sell a little weed here and there, or sell pills from a recuring pain killer prescription that they tricked their doctor into thinking they still need, but most still have a 9-5 job.

But im talking about the ones who actually do deal as a full time living.

Say that a dealer has a decent home in a good area and drives a newer car, solely from dealing drugs.

The problem with having the money to afford these things is eventually you have to explain where it all came from.

Its one thing to evade detection by the police.

But sooner or later the IRS will notice this person hasnt filed a tax return lately, and be very interested in how they can afford these things with no known job or source of income.

THEN, after the feds are done with them for tax evasion, the State would have full knowledge of their drug dealings.

How do they avoid all that?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Money laundering. Watch the movie Breaking Bad where they buy a car wash then, with the proceeds from dealing drugs, claim it makes WAY more than it actually makes. They claim that money on their taxes and it becomes clean money. There are many ways to do this but that's a basic example.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Drug dealers who make their living off of drugs are definitely discreet about how they spend their money. They wouldn't buy a mansion and a nice car, because it would be obvious that they're getting money from elsewhere. I suspect that many drug dealers launder their money so they can actually use it without arousing suspicion. They probably have a normal job as well, but they work fewer hours to accomodate for their drug dealing. Breaking Bad is a good representation of how a man can hide his involvement in the drug industry.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Money laundering.

They make it seem like they're investing in banks or other companies. The money is counted as clean and like real income.

They just give those businesses their cut.

I have no idea how I knew that. 🤔 Too many cop shows. My mother watches them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.