promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

8 days till we close on our house and still have 8 months lease and havent told landlord because she dosent answer wont have rent money?

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

"She doesn't answer"??  She doesn't HAVE to answer. You simply send the required written notice of termination via certified mail and automatically get proof that it was delivered. If she objects and wants to sue you for unpaid rent, that's up to her, assuming you aren't able to work things out like adults.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You aren't big on planning are you?

• 2 months ago

Be prepared to be sued for the amount of rent the landlord loses until a replacement tenant can be found. You have no legal grounds for breaking the lease.

• 2 months ago

You signed the lease, and therefore you owe the rent on that lease unless you can work something out with your landlord. Break the lease and you will STILL owe the rent money. It doesn't matter if you bought a house or not. A contract is a contract and a lease is a contract. 

You should have told your landlord about your closing date as soon as you knew your home purchase had gone through. I would suggest doing everything you can to contact that landlord in writing about this. But don't be surprised if your landlord is pretty upset and refuses to work this out with you. You've given her no notice at all. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lolly
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Bad planning, you owe the rent until you either find a replacement tenant or pay the penalty for breaking the lease.

• 2 months ago

president candidate bugiba didnt win not becasue of me but it was the vote of america .love the american people not the dark side to america but when people could love science .ELton john you have children its fro me to have children and dont the material girl madonna .i am not gay of lesbain but dont know the love or hard ship    

• R P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Unless your lease includes an early termination clause, you are on the hook for the rent until the unit is re-rented or your lease expires.

You are buying a house, so the landlord will probably be able to attach a lien to it after he gets a judgement against you for the rent you owe.

• 2 months ago

Your lease is legally binding.

Unless your lease has a break or early exit clause, or unless your landlord agrees to end your lease early, the lease remains in place.

This means you will legally owe all the rent for the remaining 8 months.

• 2 months ago

You are going to have to pay what you owe, or expect to be sued, which could result in foreclosure of your home, so that the landlord can get the money she is owed.   Don't expect to be able to refinance either, in the next several years, because your damaged credit will skyrocket your interest rate.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • Juan
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

El Argentino was all about something going on on tv and thatbis thenwhole thing called the so called omen of something might happen but that was taken to examination ajd had anfinal result in 1 of july 1993 till 1 of march 1994 you had a child in time I always knew guantanamo bay and went back to Berlin with all the information from tell me what you see

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.