Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

What can I do if a teacher flirted with my 12yr old sister and the school did nothing ?

I was on a FaceTime with my younger half sister (she’s 12) and she told me about how her history teacher had flirted with her and many other girls in the class, as well as doing stuff like giving them gifts and asking for their phone numbers. She told me that she reported it several times (as did other girls) and no one would believe her and the school did nothing. 

The teacher is getting fired for something else, but I’m angry with the school for not doing anything sooner. I have the school’s name and the teachers name. 

I’m a minor (I’m 17) and my sister doesn’t live with me, she lives with my aunt in a different city. Even though the teacher is getting fired, I feel like I should do SOMETHING, but I don’t know how the law works at all and I’m at a loss for anything that I can do

• Ajay D

tell all affected girls to write statements. collect statements. then contact newspapers and TV channels opposed to that school.

• Laurie

This is not your business to handle. It is her parents’ business to handle.

• alex2 months agoReport

The parents will do nothing. She lives with the aunt bc her/ our parents were abusive and the aunt doesn't particularly care about her much . That's why I'm trying to figure out what I can do on my own because they're no longer in the picture 

• Kieth

Did you report it to the police? Annoyance of a child under 14 is a felony.

tell the police about it