Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

Rolling pin options ?

If you need a rolling pin but don’t have one what is a good option for rolling dough 

Update:

It will be for making Biscuits

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

When I was a kid my mom told us to use metal cans

• 4 months ago

I've used all kinds of taller bottles to roll out dough. A 750ml wine bottle works best. Take off the labels, and if you are doing pastry or sugar cookies, you can fill the bottle with ice water so the dough doesn't warm.

• 5 months ago

Skip rolling the dough.  Pat it into a square or rectangle and then cut the biscuits out from the square or rectangle. 

If the recipe gives the number of biscuits it is easy to figure out how many square biscuits you need to cut. 

If you really want to roll dough..

Any round bottle. 

If you happen to have a piece of PVC or metal pipe, wash that and use it to roll

Shape the dough into a round disc and press down with a pan. 

• 5 months ago

If you have a two-litre soda bottle that might work.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Burgoo
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

maybe a wine bottle, or a fat dowel rod if you have one laying around

• 5 months ago

Anything round and smooth that won't break or leave paper label bits in your product will work.  I have used wine bottles and once I used the spray can, after I cleaned it well, that my cooking spray comes in.  For biscuits it's not vital to get much precision or anything too thin, so either of those would work.  But if you plan on making anything that will require one in the future, a nice rolling pin would be a good investment.

• 5 months ago

i would just get one, they probably have cheap ones on amazon

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

If you're relatively careful a drinking glass does just fine.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

just go get one, you might be able to get a cheap one from amazon

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Use a can of soup but be careful not to squish the dough too thin. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.