Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

Rolling pin options ?

If you need a rolling pin but don’t have one what is a good option for rolling dough 

It will be for making Biscuits

When I was a kid my mom told us to use metal cans

I've used all kinds of taller bottles to roll out dough. A 750ml wine bottle works best. Take off the labels, and if you are doing pastry or sugar cookies, you can fill the bottle with ice water so the dough doesn't warm.

Skip rolling the dough.  Pat it into a square or rectangle and then cut the biscuits out from the square or rectangle. 

If the recipe gives the number of biscuits it is easy to figure out how many square biscuits you need to cut. 

If you really want to roll dough..

Any round bottle. 

If you happen to have a piece of PVC or metal pipe, wash that and use it to roll

Shape the dough into a round disc and press down with a pan. 

If you have a two-litre soda bottle that might work.

• Burgoo

maybe a wine bottle, or a fat dowel rod if you have one laying around

Anything round and smooth that won't break or leave paper label bits in your product will work.  I have used wine bottles and once I used the spray can, after I cleaned it well, that my cooking spray comes in.  For biscuits it's not vital to get much precision or anything too thin, so either of those would work.  But if you plan on making anything that will require one in the future, a nice rolling pin would be a good investment.

i would just get one, they probably have cheap ones on amazon

If you're relatively careful a drinking glass does just fine.

just go get one, you might be able to get a cheap one from amazon

Use a can of soup but be careful not to squish the dough too thin.