promotion image of download ymail app
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

My parents enabled a family members extra-marital affair and are mad at me for being mad at the relatives ex, how do I get them to stop?

They are mad I was nice to the relatives ex who is the victim in the divorce. I don't get it. They even enabled the affair and told me to cover it up when we saw them on a vacation together. The mistress was a friend of my mothers. The mistress didn't pursue any long term relationship (just sex). However, the relative and his wife divorced.

How do I get my parents to stop as even though I am an adult living on my own I feel incredible anxiety when there is conflict with them. They can enable affairs all they want it is them being mad at me for being nice to the ex that I want them to stop. I don't seek her out but when I see her I am nice and she is the mother of 3 cousins of mine. Plus we knew her family well as they were once neighbors (her sister and mother and the sister's family).

1 Answer

  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

    As an adult, you have the right to behave as you please, and your parents won't have the opportunity to criticize you, if you don't supply them any information. 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.