Anonymous

Can I come back to Walmart? ?

My aunt has diabetes and is scared because I might be home the virus since I work at Walmart. She told me if I don’t stop working there she will kick me out. So I been calling out for 3 days and I also took a 2 week leave on Sedgwick but it says pending. Do I still have to keep calling out until it says approved? I really wanna go to work tomorrow. can I still go if I filled out my leave on Sedgwick? 

• John

People who prefer working for walmart haven't looked around much. I prefer Costco.

Why are you living with your aunt?  If it's her house, then do what she says.  Otherwise, move out on your own and take the risk yourself.  You have no right to put your aunt at risk in her house.  She's in a high risk category.  I'd be worried about it too.  It is a legitimate concern. Tell the boss that your aunt lives with you, who is in a high risk category and you can't potentially infect her.  You have to socially distance yourself.

Source(s): The CDC and Medical Experts on COVID-19.

if your aunt has diabetes u should either stop working at wallmart or u should go and live elsewhere. it is not fair to your aunt - who knows what infection u re carrying home

I have no idea what a Sedgwick is.

If you stop going to work you will be fired. So either quit or find somewhere else to live for a few months.

The US Government is allowing employees to stop working and receive unemployment, if they have to leave work due to Covid-19.

But be mindful of a few things

- is your aunt 100% self isolating?  This means that once you quite working = no one is allowed around you.  No one in your household can go to the store and you can't have anyone come around.

- if you don't do this, then it's pointless for you to stop working.