promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Is it rude to visit an aunt or other relative during the Coronavirus Outbreak (I live in Maryland which is not ground zero but is hard hit)?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Unnecessarily exposing your aunt to a serious illness is rude. You should not visit anyone unless you are a caregiver.  No social outings. None. Call, FaceTime, Zoom, whatever, but do not visit. 

Any time anyone visits someone else, there is a chance they could unknowingly transmit the virus.  This is worrisome for people who have compromised immune systems.  

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Do not visit anyone. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I aunt and other extended family members will live without seeing you until the coronavirus is under control.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

What part of Stay Home don’t you understand? 

Call them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Where I live this would be not only 'rude' AND incredibly stupid, but also borderline illegal.

If the police stopped you to ask whether your journey was necessary, they would turn you round and send you home.

They might fine you, too.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, and very selfish, we must all stay home as much as we can, only go out if you cannot work from home, and only shop for essentials,

• 2 months ago

It would be nicer to talk to them on the phone, while the coronavirus problem still exists.

• 2 months ago

Will ultimately come down to a) your area/city/state protocols in regards to social distancing and b) your Aunt's personal preference for visitors.

• 2 months ago

It isn't just rude, it is dangerous, and possibly illegal.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i dont think so

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.