How to remove screw?

Hi, I accidentally put the wrong size screw into my bed frame and now it is stuck. Any clue how I can remove it? It's loose on the inside so with the drill it just sits there and spins. Would magnetic drill bits be strong enough?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Dismantle that part of the bed enough to move the parts that are in the way of you gripping the screw with pliers to unscrew it.

• 4 months ago

Glue and easy-outs are not going to solve your problem, and neither will a pair of pliers if the screw head is sunk below the surface of the wood.  If the screw spins in the hole the only way I can think of is to attack it from the opposite side.  Can you drill a hole on the opposite side of the bed frame directly in line with the screw?  If you can then you may be able to get a rod and put it into the hole and pound the screw out from behind.  Replace it with a bolt, not another screw.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

No. Magnetic bits probably won't help. Get something to push with on the screw tip while you SLOWLY  back it out. 

WRONG FORUM. You're in the  Cars & Transportation Maintenance forum. Next time, go to the Home & Garden category where there is also a maintenance and repair forum. 

• 4 months ago

Vice Grips should be able to grab it and yank it out or twist it out.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Crazy glue or maybe a hot glue gun the screw driver bit into the head of the screw, let it dry properly and then gently pull on the bit as you unscrew it.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

A picture would have HELPED A LOT.  Magnetic bits are not strong enough.

Need to know if bed frame is wood or metal or plastic.  Without a picture or 2 or video and an explanation it is pretty impossible to say what to do.

• 4 months ago

get a EASE OUT from autozone and follow the directions it will get it out without harming the bed but youll need a new screw

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

If the screw is magnetic, that might help. A couple of thoughts: how about a paper clip hook under the screw head to help you pull on it. Or a dab of good glue on a screwdriver.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Screw out with a pair of pliers.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.