How fast does an STD show symptoms after infection?

A woman I started dating assured me she was tested and was clean, and we first had sex about a month ago. Within the last week, I've experienced a constant burning at the end of my penis, and now when I wake up in the morning, I have this white/yellow colored discharge built up at the tip of my penis. Is it an STD, or just something like a yeast infection? I'd love to get tested to be sure, but I don't know if clinics are open due to the coronavirus.

• Some times you can get an std with out having any signs or symptoms of it. Or it can take a few weeks to show signs or symptoms. If they've never been tested or haven't recently been tested, some people will assume that they're clean. 

It sounds more like an std, I've never had a yeast infection with yellow discharge. 

In my area clinics are closed, but you can schedule a doctor's appointment and talk to them over the phone. You would have to call and see if they're open in your area, and ask where you can go to get an std test done. 

I had a yeast infection one time that was like that, it burned like hell. All std's present differently and take different lengths of time, go get it checked out right away. 

• Mike G

That depends on which one.