promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
bob asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

How do I get the sound on my computer to start working again?

I restarted my computer back to factory settings last week. After doing so, I soon found that it had no sound. I am running Windows 10. There is a red x over the speaker icon and it says no audio output device is installed. I've tried installing different audio programs and nothing helps. I even did a complete restart a second time hoping that windows 10 would boot up and correct the problem. I am unable to do anything in sound settings or speaker setup. It says speaker setup unknown. The troubleshooter doesn't fix anything, and I've tried a ton of different things that I've read online yet nothing helps. I've gone into the sound options on the device manager and that doesn't help either. Sorry for such a long explanation, but I can't wait to resolve this issue.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Check Device Manager to see if the sound card is installed. If not, installed drivers for it. Download the appropriate drivers from your computer's brand's official website.

As for the speaker, if it works on other devices, it should work with your computer. No need to install drivers for it unless it's USB. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Insert the Drivers CD/DVD that came with your computer, sir.  The driver will be on there.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.