Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

My Dad lied to my mother for 9 years about their finances. Should she forgive this or be done with him?

My father is an honest businessman but a dishonest family man. He is very arrogant and ignorant (both). He lies so much the lies just come out likely without him knowing. Usually in the form of promises he breaks over and over and over. He is a deceptive family man. He was ignorant to his elders who suffered from anxiety like I do and disloyal to family. Outside of family he is wonderful. 

You didn't give any details ,history or background. Thus, its impossible to form an opinion. However, whether she should forgive him or not is up to her.

This is between your Dad and Mother. Nothing to do with you. I'm not sure why you're involved at all.

Live your own life. Mind your business. Your relationship with each of your parents is not about their problems. Their problems are not yours. Never will be

• n2mama

That’s up to her, not up to anyone on this site. Depending on what the lies were and what the true financial situation is, she may or may not be able to forgive him.