Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Can i still lose weight even if i drink one can of soda a day?

Im trying to cut down my caffeine and it isnt working. I havent had caffeine all day and here i am with a headache. I havent had fast food in a long time. I eat pretty healthy at home. Its the caffiene thats the problem. Would i still be able to lose weight uf i just drink one can of soda and the rest if the day water? Im stuck

Oh im a female if that changes anything.

It's not the caffeine that causes weight gain. It's the sugar in it that does that and long term exposure to sugar can cause insulin resistance. But yes you can drink one can of soda a day and still lose weight. I drink coffee with creamer sometimes and it has a little bit of sugar in it and i use sweet n low to make it taste better without adding extra sugar.

I have lost 60lbs so far and I still drink diet soda. I limit myself to 2 cans a day though. I used to have 6-8 a day 😬

speaking of the caffeine. I drink caffeine to but from teas so if you can’t handle not having it then I suggest teas because it provides way more nutritional value then soda. the best way to cut off caffeine is to not buy it or even be around it. Then store other types of drinks around you or in your house. Like teas, water, milk, and any other nutritional drink. That’s how I stopped drinking sugary drinks and it worked well.✨

If you're drinking soda and it has sugar in it, you're doubling your problems. Try drinking black coffee. It doesn't take that long to get used to it, honestly. And it's not terrible for you.

But the sugar is.

The short answer is yes, as long as you count it towards your total caloric intake. However coffee or tea would be better than soda for the caffeine. Tea and coffee has very little in the way of calories, and in modest amounts, can even be healthy. In short one to two cups a day. However to keep the calories low, try to learn to drink it straight black. Straight black has little calories, however it's when you add stuff to either, that the calories starts to rack up.

You can get caffeine from tea or coffee or even chocolate.  Soft drinks are really bad for you and you should never go cold-turkey on caffeine,  Weight loss is all about calories in vs calories used.  

Literally just don’t drink soda

Drink low calorie soda.

It may be a sensible idea to gradually reduce caffeine intake and thereby you may not have any withdrawal effects from cutting out caffeine. It's really not a bad thing to be drinking at all in coffee or (occasional) soda, one a day (coffee) is definitely fine.

There are alternative sources of caffeine such as tea and coffee that do not have all the added sugar and calories (unless you add them).

Have your tried those as your caffeine substitute?

That being said, yes you can still lose weight, just consider the number of calories you're intaking with that one can of soda.