is there anything wrong with being 'behind the times'?

i often get told that im 'behind the times' and to get with the current times.....as a generation x man i do know that i'm very old fashioned minded and think like a person much older in years..

i do prefer times long ago,  and i think that's a big reason why i'm behind the times now.

• RP

If it works for you, go for it. However, those who are mired in the past are unlikely to get the full benefit of the present and are equally unlikely to be able to make the most of the future. No one should ever forget where they came from, their history and roots, but, if we allow ourselves to be prisoners of the past, we will not be able to go forward. No one can move forward who is always looking back.

No, Ravenhill, there's nothing wrong with being 'behind the times' as long as you're content.

But we know from other earlier posts that you're NOT content; that you have a lot of problems relating to others.

Nobody really cares if you don't have an i-phone or whatever (I don't myself) but it may be that your attitudes towards people are old-fashioned.

If that's so, it could be part of the reason why you have so many difficulties conducting a normal conversation with whoever you happen to meet in your daily life. 

it is the lemmings that join the crowd and go over cliffs. 

It depends on the way in which you are behind the times. As an example: Do you like to read real books or do you read ebooks? That is an example where being behind the times is ok.

.

One interesting thing is the current fad of listening to vinyl records rather than CD's or digital downloads. In my mind that is a case where "being up to date" is just a bunch of baloney. I much prefer digital music.