promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 2 months ago

Shouldnt everyone be wearing mask when out?

Covid 19 is airborne, why did they tell us we didnt need mask??? our leaders downplayed this disease

Update:

we were told we didnt need them because they did not want he hoarders buying them all up

28 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Why?  When I go, to the grocery store, I hardly ever see anyone wearing a mask...even the cashiers don't wear them.  I carry hand sanitizer with me, use it, and that's all I need.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Why? They're pretty much useless.

• Dr. D
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In the east Asian countries everyone wears a mask when out. They do this out of cultural reasons, and it seems to help. 

In western countries we are told that they only help those already infected from spreading the disease. However all health professionals wear them to prevent themselves from becoming infected. In my opinion it would be better for everyone to be required to wear them whenever outside. However this isn't considered practical because there isn't enough masks. 

• Mr. P
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

So why not just say "if you have a mask already - please use it"

• 2 months ago

One is required to wear a mask if they are sick (even if it's just a cold) or had been in contact with someone who has coronavirus.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The flu bug is also airborne and kills way more people than covid, so there's no need to wear a mask.

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Wearing a surgical mask prevents you from spreading viruses to others. The other masks which are a closer fit to the face can actually do more harm than good.  The best prevention is still keeping a 1 m physical distance from others, washing the hands with soap and water, and not touching the face.  

• 2 months ago

It's not airborne, it can travel out of someone a couple of metres or you could get it by touching, say, a door knob it's on but it's not floating around everywhere like a toxic gas.

• ...Show all comments
    • Mr. P
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

In shops or closed areas it can remain airborne for over 3 hours. Look at the research papers.

• 2 months ago

Masks can give you limited protection, along with face guards of course, so can gloves for short periods of Time, but I’d much rather be 6 foot away from someone and wash my hands regularly than be close to someone with a mask and gloves whilst out and about.

My point being social distancing and good hygiene is our bed bet at slowing the progress of this nasty virus 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They say Covid 19 is not airborne, but with large numbers everydays of new cases in some countries, there can't be that many people coughing, sneezing, burping, spitting etc... all over the place or each other each day

with lockdown pretty much everywhere now and some countries the lockdown has been for a while. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

They are pretty useless so not much point in wearing them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.