Should I take out my ex-spouse trash?

My ex-spouse went out of town with our two children for 2 weeks. Ex-spouse calls and asks me could I go to their home (41 minutes/40 mile drive from my home) pull the trash cans to the curb because they won't be back in time to do it.

• Ocimom

Should have asked a neighbor to do it.  I would not make a special trip!

There have been times when neither Other Half nor I remembered to get the garbage ready or walk it to the end of the driveway in the morning. Darned inconvenient to store it for another week, but not life-altering.

AS someone else pointed out, an hour and a half trip is a big ask. I would be more likely to reassure Ex that the garbage will be collected next week.

I'm guessing there isn't a neighbor with a key to the garage / house, although that would come in handy if you lock yourself out. If I had an ex, *he would not*  have a key to my house. So, in the end, I would say no, and when Ex returned from the trip, would hand the key to her house back to her, with a sincere and humble explanation that you wish to preserve her sense of security and privacy. There is no reason for you to have a key to Ex's home.

• Das

Why can't they put it out when they return home? 

Avoid becoming a garbage collector.Tell her you see no difference between her garbage and herself.An Ex. is Ex.Avoid like corona.  

I would.  Then I would tell her that she owes you a footJob.

If she asked and not demanded you should do it if you arw a nice guy

• David

No. Not only no, but HE77 NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This would be an unreasonable request if they lived across the street. The ex spouse can do the trash after they return home.

No. If it was just a couple of miles, yes, but certainly not 40!!!!!

How unfortunate that there are no neighbors or friends living near her that could be reached out to for this. It's entirely up to you what YOU want to do or not! It is quite a big favor to ask someone who lives 40 miles away!

I have no clue what you should.

If you want to help out, do it. If you don't, then stay home?