cat asked in HealthWomen's Health · 4 months ago

Am I pregnant? ?

I slept with my long distance boyfriend just over two weeks ago. It was my first time. We used a condom (but I’m not on the pill or anything), with no noticeable problems at the time. However, I think my period is a couple of days late (though I don’t vigorously track it)? And now I’m worried that something went wrong without us realising, or through pre c*m (although as far as I’m aware none went near my vagina). I’m having cramps but I don’t usually before my period and I googled and it said that can be an early pregnancy symptom? My nipples hurt too but I sometimes get that before my period. Help, I’m so worried :( 

any advice would be amazing !! 

• Edna

You would NOT  be having ANY sort of pregnancy symptoms if you had sex only a little over 2 weeks ago. Cramps are NOT an early sign of pregnancy. 

Your period is only a couple of days late. The cramping and sore breasts are PMS symptoms, and are indications that you're about to begin your period. 

So condoms are for birth control. I think you're having psychological pregnancy issues.

If you're too uptight about having sex without feeling like you're going to be pregnant, then you're not mature enough to be having sex at all.

• :)

I highly doubt it. Give it another 7-14 days before you start to worry. I’ve done things a lot riskier than that, and avoided pregnancy.

• Elle

As a nurse, I want you to know first that you have a human body, NOT a machine with settings!  You wrote;

"I’m having cramps but I don’t usually before my period and I googled and it said that can be an early pregnancy symptom? My nipples hurt too but I sometimes get that before my period. Help, I’m so worried :( 

You can't calm the storm, but you can calm your self... choice is yours.

S/S *Signs and symptoms of Pregnancy **THERE ARE NO SIGNS IN THE FIRST 4 to 6 WEEKS.

For example, nausea can be a discomfort (morning sickness), but if, in combination with significant vomiting, it causes water-electrolyte imbalance it is a complication. Common symptoms and discomforts of pregnancy include: Tiredness, Constipation, Pelvic girdle pain, Back pain. Occasional, irregular, and often painless contractions that occur several times per day. Edema (swelling). Common complaint in advancing pregnancy. Increased urinary frequency. Urinary tract infection. Regurgitation, heartburn, and nausea. Pregnancy-related stretch marks. Breast tenderness and tingling is common during the first trimester, and is more common in women who are pregnant at a young age.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7kaw40pPYw

Youtube thumbnail

9 Months in 4 minutes YES, BABIES ARE ALIVE, MOVING, YAWNING, DREAMING. Pregnancy is a process that invites you to surrender to the unseen power behind all life....

EPT TESTING

Faint lines are inconclusive which is negative. While hCG is a reliable marker of pregnancy, it cannot be detected until after implantation: this results in false negatives if the test is performed during the very early stages of pregnancy. The accuracy of a pregnancy test is most closely related to the day of ovulation, not of the act of intercourse or insemination that caused the pregnancy. It is normal for sperm to live up to five days in the fallopian tubes, waiting for ovulation to occur. It could take up to 12 further days for implantation to occur, meaning even the most sensitive pregnancy tests may give false negatives up to 17 days after the act that caused the pregnancy. Because some home pregnancy tests have high hCG detection thresholds (up to 100 mIU/mL), it may take an additional three or four days for hCG to rise to levels detectable by these tests — meaning false negatives may occur up to three weeks after the act of intercourse or insemination that causes pregnancy. *For a home pregnancy test to give you a positive result, your body has to be making a detectable level of the hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). **False positive, Spurious evaporation lines may appear on many home pregnancy tests if read after the suggested 3–5 minute window or reaction time, independent of an actual pregnancy. False positives may also appear on tests used past their expiration date.

Pregnancy tests are super accurate when you use them correctly. The pregnancy tests you get at the drugstore work 99 out of 100 times. They’re just as accurate as a urine pregnancy test that you’d get at a doctor’s office.

Pregnancy tests work by checking your urine (pee) for a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). Your body only makes this hormone if you’re pregnant. HCG is released when a fertilized egg attaches to the lining of your uterus — when pregnancy begins. If your pregnancy test results are positive, it means you're pregnant. If they’re negative, it means you’re not pregnant.

Pregnancy tests are most accurate when you take them after you’ve already missed your period.

A pregnancy test will be less accurate if it’s expired or if you don’t use it the right way. So always check the expiration date on the package, and carefully read the directions that come with your pregnancy test.