Finding a vehicle ?

I am trying to locate a vehicle that I previously owned many years ago. I have the VIN number and I have pulled reports from the DMV and another service but that just gives me vehicle and title information. How can I find it’s current location?

You can't trace a car. If people could do that people would get beaten up after road rage incidents.

• May

Unless you are extremely lucky and just happen to run into it by chance, You cannot.

• Edna

You will probably never locate that vehicle. If you owned it "many years ago" and you don't know what became of it, it was probably cut up for scrap metal by a junk yard a long time ago.

oh thats going to be hard alot of cars end up in the junk yard to be scrapped for being 10 years old alone. best place to start would be contacting the last owner or someone who knows them and the area the vehicle was last known to be theres chances someone will remember it and the search could go on a long time hopefully not to a scrap yard good luck ive wanted to trace some down myself another thing id definately do is contact car lots any place that keeps records of vehicles in the last known area of the vehicle

It already went to the crusher or got exported to Nigeria a year ago.  Move on and find another hobby.

• Scott

You can't. Vehicle ownership info is protected by privacy laws. It's none of your business who owns the car today.

• car253

That is DMV confidential information.   They will not give you the address of the owner.    Your only way is to contact police or DMV for any help.

You can't only law enforcement officials can.

• .

Try running a report on CarFax.  The problem is you have to pay.