Authen Tec Inc AES2550 driver for win 10 Pro driver problem.?

Hi

If anyone could find the fix to my problem it would be great thx for reading !!

Fingerprint Scanner Driver keeps dropping out, I reinstall from the Device Mgr it might last a day, week but sooner or later I have to reinstall. Driver Version 3.4.4.84 driver date 10/11/2012 driver key under "Events in properties the info is "Driver Management concluded the process to install driver atswpwdf.inf_amd64_a3f61c13fde25861 for Device Instance ID USB\VID_08FF&PID_2550\6&35B73221&0&1 with the following status: 0x0." Bottom line is  this is the best driver that 3 Different Driver programs could find .

Thx

Ron B.

• A.J.

In 2012 Apple bought Authentec and every other company that was using Authentec products exited as soon as possible and stopped updates.

This is the last of the Microsoft support

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedVie...

Windows 7,8,8.1 and later

Matching your driver version, if the source is correct.

Your system hardware manufacturer is normally the correct source of drivers.

A driver Wiki Site specifies WIndows 10 Pro driver for the AES2250.

Could be the same driver. Could be an upgraded one. Could download a trojan or virus. I have no idea because I don't use rogue sites, and a compatibility check of windows 7 to 10 upgrade should have found any issues like this.

http://semantic.gs/authentec_inc_aes2550_windows_1...

There is mention of incompatibility of an AMDA00 driver for Asus motherboards affect a fingerprint sensor startup. As complex software related, and only if you have Asus, you might look into this further.

• Lv 7

you MUST use drivers from your laptopp manufacturer's website. Authentec does not offer drivers through anyone but them.

if they do not have drivers for Windows 10 for it, then your laptop must not support Windows 10, and you should roll back to an OS that it does support, as this probably is not the biggest problem you will encounter...