Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Just recently found out I have a slight lazy eye??im 21....?

About 2 years ago I took some pictures with my sister and my one eye was looking wonky in the picture and my sister brought it up and we were both like wtf. But then I just forgot about it because my whole entire life no one has said anything about my eyes. That was the first anyone has said anything. And doctors never said anything as well and my vision is fine. I don’t even need glasses. And so I thought oh maybe it was just the picture or something. And then just recently I was triggered by this tiktok by Brittany broski talking about her lazy eye and how nobody told her. I didn’t even notice she had a lazy eye. And it got me thinking. I started analyzing all my pictures on Instagram and even in the pics I thought were good, my one eye seemed to have drifted outward. I don’t know what to do with this information because I asked my mom and she said she never even noticed. But I feel like a lot of my pics on Instagram my one eye be looking weird. However just recently I tried taking video of my eyes focusing on something and they looked straight?? Is it possible that my eye could just get weird in pictures? I also feel like flash triggers it? Idk if that’s a thing or not? Also is this a turn off? 

Lets start with what a lazy eye is. The big word we use is amblyopia. It means that you don't see well out of one eye despite the eye being healthy. This is very easy to check for? Cover your left eye; can you see well? Cover your right eye; can you see well? If the answer to both of these questions is yes, we can say with absolute certainty that you do not have a lazy eye. The condition that you appear concerned about is strabismus or an eye turn. This could be a bit trickier to determine. The links below give the best way to test this at home.