can you still go for a jog wearing jeans and a hoodie?

i'm a male in my forties and because the gym is closed i want to go for a jog in the local park,  but its a cold blustery day here....so i thought if i take a pair of running trainers with me in my backpack.......can i still jog around the park wearing my jeans and my hoodie and a coat on?

that is what i'm wearing today, i do not really have any running/ jogging gear or clothes, and its too cold for shorts and t shirt.......the gyms are closed of course due to the stupid coronavirus....at the gym i was going there swimming a couple times a week.

is it okay to go jogging with the hoodie and jeans that i have on today? if i put my running trainers on?

i need to exercise vigorously in order to manage my type 2 diabetes and keep my weight down.

i'd appreciate any sensible advice from you.

Back before jogging/yoga gear clothes, everyone jogged in jeans & sweatshirts with jackets.

Of course!  You don't need a uniform to exercise!  I do mine at home in my PJ.

Whatever comforts you wear that, and it keeps you warm. 

When I'm all bundled up like an Eskimo, and walk on my porch, during an East Wind in Oregon, I wear everything even layer up, then I slowly peel or open up my jacket or remove my scarf, etc. . . .when I get warmer.

But visit the CDC page, if they want you to wear some kind of a mask.  In other countries, they'd want you to wear mask, when you go outside, others prefer you leave them off and let the medical people wear them, because of the shortage on masks.

You don't need a uniform. If it's cozy then why not.

Of course! No uniform needed. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.

Absolutely. Just make sure the clothing fits loosely and you can move about freely. I jog in jeans and a sweatshirt 5 days a week. 

• Boy

yes you can, but remember a hoodie means you will sweat more which would expose you to both cold air and water from body sweat which would result in catching a cold to the coronavirus itself.

You can try, my guess is that you are going to find yourself too warm and be taking your jacket off.

• Liz

By all means, go jogging in what you have. It's good you're exercising, which is important for managing Type 2 Diabetes. (I have it too. Since I've been shut in, I've been riding my bike more)

But one day soon, all disease and suffering will be gone from the earth. God promises this at Revelation 21:4 "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

Enjoy and be safe!

Source(s): wol.jw.org/w07 5/15 Why All Suffering Is Soon to End

Sure it's fine. There is no required uniform. Have a nice run.