Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 2 months ago

How to restart stuck fermentation on homemade wine?

I live in a country where I don't have a lot of access to wine making materials. I've been following a recipe for making wine from Welch's grape juice. I do not have a hydrometer, but it has always came out great after 30 days. This time I took some bad advice from a friend to add 1 packet of green tea. On day 7 I added the green tea and the airlock went crazy for 30 minutes and then stopped. Been stopped for 3 days now. I pour a little bit out and added 1/2 package of EC-1118 yeast and some sugar and waited for it to start going and pitched it back in. Still nothing. Any suggestions?

I wonder why the tea seemed to kill the yeast

• Mr. P

Buy a hydrometer and join a homebrew forum.

With the hydrometer you can read the starting gravity and finishing gravity then work out the ABV%.

My guess is it has finished, but keep it under airlock for a couple of weeks, then decant into a clean demijohn to clear.

Patience......

The document has a fabulous countryside just where Documents are deprived of a large amount of permission to access wine bottles having equipment. For a nice and following menu making wine bottles right from Welch's grape moisture. Document don't need a fabulous hydrometer, it also comes with frequently released awesome subsequently after week. That time period Document acquired a lot of damaging recommendations in an acquaintance to add a new 1 supply about green teas. Relating to moment 7 Document incorporated all the green teas and therefore the airlock decided loco just for half an hour thereafter completed. Really been completed just for 3 months at this time. Document pour a few things apart and additionally incorporated 1/2 discount package about EC-1118 fungus and certain sweetener and additionally patiently lay get rid of to begin the process looking and additionally frequency the software funding. Yet little or nothing. Whatever options?

• CB

Taste it, maybe the sugar is all eaten up - buy a hygrometer - amazon.com. 

The fact that you got a big hit on the airlock bubbles may mean it finished fermenting. 

• k w

just rinse it out and start over, lesson learned about advice from others....