24/7 blazer asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Do People Realize Increasing Vitamin Intake Will Literally Prevent Coronavirus?

Seriously all you need to do to not get sick is eat more fruits and vegetables and take vitamin supplements. They taste good, plus there's millions of different ways to enjoy them. Put them in smoothies, juice, desserts, parfaits, salads, etc. The vitamins inside boost your immune system. Hence why people who eat them are healthier and don't get sick.

I rest my case. Obviously nobody especially here actually eats healthy but this is America it's not surprising.

Don't speak for all americans im american and i eat healthy 80 percent of the time. I follow the 80/20 rule and i workout everyday. Don't assume things and if you really believed that all of us are unhealthy eaters then you only asked this question to troll us. Also avoiding getting the virus is gonna take washing your hands and staying inside most of the time to avoid coming into contact with the idiots that still go out who are gonna get it sooner or later. It's not just about having a good immune system because people with strong immune systems can still get sick. There was some girl that made fun of social distancing and was still going out and not long after that she got the virus. 

I know a person who eats healthy and they got sick with a flu in December 2019. My father ate healthy before he passed away in October 2019 at the age of 92. He had three different kind of cancers. So, this could be true if the vitamins were from natural foods and not so much of a supplement. With the death rates from this virus no one seems to say what health problems a person had especially when the first infant died. Even though its a respiratory illness I wonder if these individuals had been a previous smoker or worked in an industry that have a high volume of chemicals. I read that an elderly from a nursing home died from this virus while at this nursing home. You would think that the virus would die when a person dies, right? I always seem to overthink things but your question was interesting to respond to because I wonder how can this virus multiply so quickly. If you had two individuals die from that nursing home and no one else got infected how healthy were they considering elderly people always take vitamins daily. Its just a thought.

• Wendigo

order a vitamin supplement, however in many places the insurance provider has to agree to it. As far the infant goes, there an infant has very little in the way of a developed immune system. n fact the immune system usually isn't fully mature enough, until somewhere around the age of thirteen.

the USA diet is sickening.

better diet is better health but it is no gurentee you will not get sick but i am sure you not get sick as much and maybe even beat this virus.

.

Don't talk UNSCIENTIFIC smack. While, yes, these things contribute to a more robust health, with better ability to fight sickness, they do not stop viral spread. You must be a child to believe just eating fruit equals unlimited  'good health' especially when in context of a serious contagious virus. You need a balance of food anyway, with fats, proteins and vitamin B and D as well.

I take supplements every day, yes, and eat as much green stuff  as I can get but I am not idiotic enough to think it would protect me from a virus.

You are completely WRONG. Period. There is absolutely NO scientific evidence OR anecdotal evidence that this is the case. 

While a well balanced diet is good for your overall health it does not prevent a virus.

If your overall health is good you are likely to be less severely affected but there is no guarantee.

I heard shaking a stick at the full moon works too.

You can't be giving idiots false hope because people are idiots. I've actually heard all kinds of stupid sh-- like eating a microwaved lemon or something. Sure, a healthy diet and good sleep, etc can help boost the immune system and lower the chances of getting any pathogen, or more aptly, fight it off when you do. But what we don't need is said idiots out coughing on doorknobs thinking eating a carrot once made them invincible.

Taking vitamins won't prevent people from getting the coronavirus. It's actually self isolation that will prevent people from getting the coronavirus.

Properly protecting your body is another way to prevent from getting the coronavirus.

• Jas B

This is total rubbish, not backed up by a single piece of credible evidence.

Yes if you eat more fruit and veg you boost your immune system but that does not stop you getting this or any other virus.

• john2 months agoReport

after IRAQ in 2003-2004 i am sure GOD is not gonna let me die from a virus like so many HIV morons