What is the best job for non citizens?

If I move to Los Angeles, I need to rent an apartment and I need to pay it monthly. For that I need a job. I'm not citizen yet. And I didn't studied at University. Any idea what is the best job? My plan is to work, I want to be citizen, I want to rent an apartment , and when I will be citizen I want to joint to LAPD Academy.But at least my question is : What is the best job if I'm not citizen and if I don't studied at University.( I'm from Europe)

• Willie

A job in their own country.

• falcon

If you have no skill than don't expect much .You will have competition from the minorities .Jobs will be given to citizens first so you need to work under the table think hard before you move here it;s not a walk in the park specially that you are not a citizen,Don't assume that the grass is greener at other countries compared to yours.

Good luck  

Whichever job qualifies you for a work visa

here in los angeles alot of working americans are homeless or living with someone because the cost of living is too expensive. so things will be worse for you

The movie industry needs Fluffers ... Just don't get tongue-tied !  Senator Harris of California is not needing these for her Presidential bid so perhaps she will give them to you ...

There are NO jobs for you in US if you are not US citizen or legal permanent resident. IF you come to US on student visa to attend university, you must first prove you have sufficient funds for all school + living expenses + return transportation to your country of citizenship. Students are strictly prohibited from working, but since you have ample funds, you won't need to work. Furthermore, you return to your own country immediately upon completion or termination of full-time studies. You cannot remain in US.

So if you want to immigrate, who is your immediate US citizen relative who is willing & qualified to sponsor you? Depending on your citizenship & relationship to your sponsor, it can take up to 25 years to get a visa interview to be considered for an immigration visa. But IF you were ever approved for & received an immigration visa, your sponsor is required to provide for you until you find a job & can support yourself.

• Maxi

First you require an immigration visa to do that....so unless you get one you will not be moving to the US

Any position in the service industry that doesn’t require citizenship. It could be of your own entrepreneurial interest, such as pet or elderly care, housecleaning, project or home management, shopping, etc.

• ibu guru

But you MUST be legally present in US and legally authorized to work!

No college degree, not a US citizen, but you want to move to one of the most expensive places in America? Perhaps you should reconsider some life choices.

Uber driver ........................

• ibu guru

No, you cannot use a rental car as an uber or lyft driver. And you MUST be legally authorized to work - US citizen, green card (legal permanent resident), or be legally present with Employment Authorization Document. NO employment visas for such work.