Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 2 months ago

What can I do about back pain I get when I sit at my desk?

Stand up for a while.

• patty

when i sit on chairs i have a cushion or one of those special cushions for bad backs.

• Janet

Poor posture can cause back pain. So can having your chair/desktop/keyboard at the wrong height.

Some people have desks that can be elevated enough that the person can STAND up at their desk, and then lower it when their body gets tired of standing.

Other people get a different chair, and some just get rid of chairs altogether and sit on one of those big balance balls instead of a chair.

For a while the "kneeling chairs" were popular, but it doesn't take long for the upper front of your calves to start to go numb with those.

This website has suggestions about how to deal with back pain while working at a desk:

https://www.fastcompany.com/3055658/5-simple-exerc...

Get up and stretch every 30 - 40 minutes.  Try and improve your posture by raising/lowering your seat.