promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Why would an ER reject someone?

preface: as far as I could tell nothing was wrong with her.

But when I went once, a lady goes in before me and comes out after 10 mins screaming how "this hospital sucks!!!"

I'd imagine she was wasting their time with a nothing concern. But what's that process and is that common?

Update:

For you liberal idiot children brainwashed by TV, if you show up without insurance they don't kick you out. You get a massive discount! Even if you have insurance, tell them you don't because most likely, you have a $2000 deductible and a $500 boo-boo that you have to pay $500 on top of the $15,000 you spent over 8 years of insurance for nothing. That will bring your out-of-pocket to $150 and the sucker with insurances' rates to $790/month. hahahahahah!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Triage:

Patients with   life -threatening emergencies  are seen ASAP:

Patients with serious but not life threatening problems are seen as soon as they can be seen

Patients with non-serious problems are seen when there is time to see them.

Some patients cannot understand this, and decide it isn't worth the wait.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

probably did not have money or insurance.

• 2 months ago

It’s more likely she didn’t have insurance, and reacted.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Most have triage screening to ensure that only genuine emergencies are being seen. They also prioritise urgent cases and will direct others to different parts of the service. As you suggest some people crave attention and are endangering the lives of others by presenting with no real cause and have to be turned away.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dylan
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

She was probably trying to get drugs. You just get asked to leave and if you don't security gets called, it's super common.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.