promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can immortals still age?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Wow! Good question, because it leads to the realisation that you could be a thousand years old, and never had a birthday. That's a bummer. No cards, no kisses from Mom just one endless litany of days, weeks, months and years. So do immortals age, or did they spring into life from a life sized piece of clay with no infancy, childhood or rite of passage into adulthood?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

no because it halts ageing basically ur whole body is frozen u have no need for an immune system as u cant get ill it isn't possible its almost as if u don't exist your just a body that isn't living its almost like being in creative mode in Minecraft u cant easily kill someone in creative mode but via commands u can kill them

• 2 months ago

trust me kid ya dont wanna know the answer to the humdinger

• Carmen
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Ask that question on jw.org for scriptural answer type question in search bar .

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Speed
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There's a lovely science fiction story I read decades ago about an immortal oracle thousands of years old, who did age, ever so slowly, until almost no part of her was functioning properly or free of pain, and her attempts to end her life. As I recall, a house cat was involved.

The whole concept of a person or other living being having immortality is entirely fictional, so the author gets to establish whatever rules on aging best serve the story.

• Huh?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It depends on what the writer wants for their story.  

In Tolkien's Middle-earth stories, his Elves are ageless: they grow up into adulthood and then stop ageing.  Some of the Elven characters in LoTR, like Elrond and Galadriel, are thousands of years old although they appear as healthy, mature adults.  Elrond is roughly 7,000 years old; it's unclear exactly how old Galadriel is but she must be at least 10,000 years old.In Gulliver's Travels, Gulliver is told about immortal humans who are sometimes born in the land of Luggnagg, known as Struldbrugs.  They see it as a curse because, although they are immortal, they still age and get older, and older, and older...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Struldbrugg    

• 2 months ago

Of course they can!  Just because they are immortal, doesn't mean that they don't get older year by year.  

• Orla
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Yes, but very, very slowly.

• 2 months ago

everyone ages so i think they can

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

yes                              but they can reset the aging process in someway so english breaks down (you can and cant at the same time) , you need a new word , like damage, they still damage with the effects of time but the damage can in someway be repaired or stopped (I suppose the same is true of damage but this way its about repair and damage happening after each other rather than an ongoing process thats meaning is linear in effect) you could say you are getting younger and older, younger when u repair but time is going forward still, so the word is no good, its definition doesn't apply to the new dynamic only the old dynamic 

if its the fiction book version of immortality (not something that may be/is feasable in our reality) then you can make up what you wish 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.