promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Im 21 and trying to get my drivers license.?

Due to the covid19 pandemic i cant seem to get an appointment to take my drivers license test,this bums me out i really need my licence to get to work.i was wondering if anyone has any info on what is gking to happen ,if i will be able to try and take the test,or the way the dmv might handle this problem,im sure im not the only one in need of this answer.im in California if this helps.thank you

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In order to be issued a driver's license in any state, you first have to appear in person at a DMV testing location and take and pass the  Vision exam, the Written Test, and then the Road Test. Unfortunately, DMV testing locations are closed for business right now, so you'll just have to wait until they re-open in order to take your driver's license tests. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Good luck, do you have a question?

• car253
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

ALL DMV's are closed.   The website says they will be reopening in a few weeks.  And, only with an appointment.  https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/dmv/appointments 

• 2 months ago

You're not going to take that test any time soon, buddy.  Just like everyone else in the civilized world, you're going to have to wait until this thing is over.

You're right, you're not the only person going through this, not even the only person in California.  You're not even the only guy who really-really needs to have a licence in California, in fact.  It really is the entire civilized world, and some things take precedence over your urgent driving needs.  The current pandemic is one of them, and it's happening at the moment.

Sorry about your luck.  Try not to die before you can schedule your driving test.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • May
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You wrote:

"i was wondering if anyone has any info on what is gking to happen"?   You should ask a physic this question sinceI'm quite sure nobody here can foretell the future...........or......You can ask your DMV ?

"Walkin ain't crowded"

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

@car253:  Pick up the phone and call the DMV. The DMV office might be closed, for business; but there's going to be someone in the office who will answer the phone and tell you what you need to do. 

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

yer **** out of luck slick

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You're likely out of luck.  Bad timing that now you decide you need your license in the middle of a pandemic.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you might as well get a bike, buses dont seem to run much either

• Scott
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You've had five years to get your license. All of a sudden it's an urgency? Bad timing.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.