promotion image of download ymail app

What website do I need to go on in order to apply for financial aid ? And will I immediately be informed of whether or not I am qualified ?

1 Answer

  • nancy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    To apply for federal student aid, you must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). You can find it at When you submit it, you will receive a student aid report that will give you an estimate of your eligibility for federal student aid, such as the Pell grant or federal student loans. However, this is an estimate only. The actual awarding is done by the school you are enrolled at, and it can vary from the estimate, depending on a number of factors, such as your actual cost of attendance, grade level, dependency status, and whether you are full or part time. Also, the FAFSA only determines your eligibility for federal student aid. A typical financial aid package can also include aid from other sources, such as state aid, or aid from the school's own resources. These may have applications and/or deadlines of their own, so you would have to check with your particular state and school to determine if you have to complete a separate application to be considered. If you aren't sure, contact the financial aid department at the school you're interested in and they will give you information about what you need to do.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.