Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 4 months ago

What should I do? I’m panicking?

On Wednesday night, my left ear became clogged up to the point where my hearing was very muffled. At first I thought it was just ear wax, but I literally tried everything to flush it out. Warm water, olive oil, hydrogen peroxide, and even a wax removal kit from Walmart. It’s been three days and it’s still clogged! I took picture of my ear with my phone, and I don’t see any wax at all. It looks clean. Yesterday, I was able to help it by pulling down on my earlobe, and I would hear a little ‘pop’ like my ear canal was sticking against each other or something. But today I couldn’t do it. This has happened several times in the past, but it has never lasted this long before. I’m going to make an appointment with an ENT doctor on Monday, but I’m scared they won’t be able to schedule me until weeks or even months in advance. I don’t want to have this for months! What should I do? And I don’t have any pain or discomfort in my ear at all which makes me doubt it’s an infection.

• Andy C

Sounds like a viral infection. Could be over tomorrow, could be next month.

• Tulip

Stop doing all that crap