promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 2 months ago

Why is my cat peeing right outside the litter box against the wall?

This is so ridiculous. Im sick of this animal at this point and im about ready to not feed or let it drink if its gonna keep doing this sshit. This is not even usual behavior for it.

It did this once recently but i let it slide and thought it was confused.

7 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

How often is the box scooped and how often is it fully changed? Have you had your veterinarian check him for a urinary tract infection? What type of litter are you using? Do you have other cats? How many litter boxes do you have? He is not declawed, is he? This can be a medical issue (such as a uti or orthopedic pain, often related to declawing), a hygiene issue (box not cleaned enough), or it can be stress related (other cats, not enough boxes, small children in the home harassing the cat, etc). 

I suggest having him examined by a veterinarian, including checking a urine sample for a UTI- a UTI would be the most common cause of this behavior. If he is given a clean bill of health, make sure the box is scooped multiple times daily, full litter change and box scrubbed about once a week, one more box than the number of cats in your home, and explore reducing other causes of stress. You can also try Dr Elsey's Cat Attract Litter, AFTER the vet has ruled out medical causes. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 3 weeks ago

use Silica Gel catlitter, they may be sensitive to sand cat litter.

• J M
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It could have a bladder infection, it might not like the litter. The box could be too dirty. There is something wrong. Abusing the cat. Will not solve the problem. Find the cat a new home. You sound like a jerk.

• 2 months ago

That sounds like marking its territory behaviour. Have you a second cat that he needs to warn off? If so, get a second litter tray for your other cat. The woman next door was stealing my roses from my rose bush until I started pissing on them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

So take the cat to the animal shelter take it to a farm most farms will be glad to have your cat

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Don't be cruel. There must be a reason. I should say it's because the litter box is not clean. Always scoop out the turds and flush down the loo and the pee too and top up with clean litter. Better still have two litter trays just in case. Mine pees outside if the litter trays are not clean.

• 2 months ago

One of two things - the litter box is dirty or the cat has a urinary tract infection, nasty person.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.