promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What is happening to me?

I cant drink milk other than this milk thats 1% milk otherwise i feel im going yo throw up and get wierd feeling, what is going on?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

This doesn't sound like lactose intolerance. It sounds more like you have gastroenteritis or a gall-bladder problem, which would cause nausea if you attempt to ingest fats--not lactose. Lactose intolerance causes SOME nausea, but more often it causes gas, which can be severe, diarrhea, cramping pains and bubbly gut. 

Lactose intolerance is not helped by drinking 1% or skim milks. There is plenty of lactose in both. But a gall-bladder problem--a stone or an inflamed bile duct--can cause nausea when you eat or drink anything with FAT in it, which whole milk has in abundance. 

Gastroenteritis, (stomach inflammation) can also cause nausea when you drink any cow's milk, but since you're able to drink 1%, it's more likely inflammation from somewhere else, not the stomach lining. The gall-bladder is a highly likely culprit. 

If you develop pain low on your right side, about a hand's-breadth away from your bottom ribs, your gall bladder is probably inflamed. If the pain goes away when you lay on your left side, you've found the reason.  If it's a gallstone, it may dissolve or pass on its own. If the pain and nausea get any worse, you may need to visit the doctor. Gallstones can be treated with medication, ultrasound or in a couple other non-surgical ways. If your gall bladder IS inflamed, your doc will probably put you on a low-fat diet, or limit your fat intake to other fats rather than saturated fats. The diet can be temporary or permanent. 

Source(s): I am experienced with both conditions.
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're probably lactose intolerant.  You can stop drinking milk, or you can get these lactaid pills that they sell at the market.  They're not cheap, but they work really well.

• 2 months ago

Cow's milk is for calves drink something else. Your body lacks an enzyme that breaks it down. 

One answer suggested take lastose.

I'd suggest another milk like drink like Silk, or soy or oat milk....that's not milk at all.

• Don G
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Take one Lactaide before any milk products It works!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You are a hypochondriac?

• John
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You are lactose intolerant. You should drink skim milk.

• 2 months ago

Lactose intolerance probably. That's the usual cause of inability to drink milk. But it's weird that 1% would be fine.

• Mango
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Probably becoming lactose intolerant. In my family it usually doesn't start happening till we are older like in our late teens, early 20s.

• Joe2 months agoReport

Oh god

• 2 months ago

You may have lactose intolerance, a common condition.

Here are the 5 most common signs and symptoms of lactose intolerance.    Stomach Pain and Bloating.    Diarrhea. Diarrhea is defined as increased stool frequency, liquidity or volume. ...    Increased Gas. ...    Constipation. ... 

• Joe2 months agoReport

Ty

• 2 months ago

probably a milk sugar allergy. it'd be far more confusing if you couldn't drink only 1%.

• Joe2 months agoReport

Ty

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.