I can't open any of the videos that are in my Google drive.  What should I do?

• Lv 7

what do you mean you cannot open them? Google Drive doesn't let you open videos, just store them. if you want to open them, you need to download them to your computer first.

if you want to stream videos online, you need to use YouTube.

if you are worried about cooyright issues, you should know that uploading copyrighted material to Google Drive is still illegal...

• Judy2 months agoReport

In my frustration, I said “open” a video.  I really meant, “run” the video.  It opens, but then it won’t start.  It just sits there.  And this is not from YouTube or any other movies from the internet.  This is s movie I have made.

Download the video(s) to the hard disk drive on your computer and run it/them from there, ma'am.  (You don't need to delete the data from your Google Drive, simply copy and paste them to your hard disk drive.  You can still keep copies of them on your Google Drive.)

• Judy2 months agoReport

Yes, I could do that.  But, it still won't open if I would ever need to open that particular file and I cannot send it to anyone because they can't open it either.

Drag the one you wish to watch back to your computer from the google drive and try again. 

• Mike G

Give us more information so we can help you.

• Judy2 months agoReport

I didn’t really mean the video won’t open—-I meant it won’t run.  It opens and then just sits there.  It doesn’t begin to “run”.