promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 months ago

I am 35 years old. Is it too late for me to become an mma fighter?

I have an office job but I am thinking if I can switch to MMA career if I am 35 years old

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Go after your dreams

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Truthfully when you're in the cage, no matter of experience or medals of honors, no amount of bachelor degrees or honors will stop you from being knocked out or submitted. To make it to a level like the UFC you're going to have to really stop it up but as you compete and train your game evolves quickly if you're truly committed. 

• 2 months ago

Yes. Do you know how long it takes to learn martial arts. You can’t just perfect one form of martial arts and expect to be an mma fighter.

• 2 months ago

Not if you didn't do another sport, I'd lift first. That's what got me stuck. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You're never too old to join until you can't perform physical activity.

You can do it as long as you can engage in physical activity.  Doesn't matter if you are young or old.

• Paul
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

yes but it would amount to an extreme amount of dedication ...u can train during your break periods at work ...preferably behind closed doors ...such things as push ups ..pull ups ..sit ups and jumping jacks ...

• 2 months ago

Are you asking me, or telling me?

• 2 months ago

Good idea... I also, thought about becoming an mma fighter. I won't. It just an option right? Maybe even just something to think about.

• Bon
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

That would depend on your current physical and mental state. If you have been living a sedentary life style, out of shape not having done any regular fitness programs, then your chances of being a contender in mma is very slim to none. If the reason for being out of shape is that you are a procrastinator or not have the will and initiative to make yourself fit, then at 35 the chances that you are suddenly going to cultivate the kind of discipline necessary to force and forge yourself into a MMA fighter with a chance of being good enough for it to be a career while not impossible it is realistically not good.

• Todd
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can become an MMA fighter at any age. Whether you'll be any good is questionable, because it takes a person 4 years just to be good and physically fit at a sport, more than 6-8 years of dedicated training to become proficient enough to compete professionally, probably more with MMA because of the wide breadth of knowledge required. You'll be in your 40's then. It's debatable.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.