Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 2 months ago

I am 35 years old. Is it too late for me to become an mma fighter?

I have an office job but I am thinking if I can switch to MMA career if I am 35 years old

Go after your dreams

Truthfully when you're in the cage, no matter of experience or medals of honors, no amount of bachelor degrees or honors will stop you from being knocked out or submitted. To make it to a level like the UFC you're going to have to really stop it up but as you compete and train your game evolves quickly if you're truly committed. 

Yes. Do you know how long it takes to learn martial arts. You can’t just perfect one form of martial arts and expect to be an mma fighter.

Not if you didn't do another sport, I'd lift first. That's what got me stuck. 

You're never too old to join until you can't perform physical activity.

You can do it as long as you can engage in physical activity.  Doesn't matter if you are young or old.

• Paul

yes but it would amount to an extreme amount of dedication ...u can train during your break periods at work ...preferably behind closed doors ...such things as push ups ..pull ups ..sit ups and jumping jacks ...

Are you asking me, or telling me?

Good idea... I also, thought about becoming an mma fighter. I won't. It just an option right? Maybe even just something to think about.

• Bon

That would depend on your current physical and mental state. If you have been living a sedentary life style, out of shape not having done any regular fitness programs, then your chances of being a contender in mma is very slim to none. If the reason for being out of shape is that you are a procrastinator or not have the will and initiative to make yourself fit, then at 35 the chances that you are suddenly going to cultivate the kind of discipline necessary to force and forge yourself into a MMA fighter with a chance of being good enough for it to be a career while not impossible it is realistically not good.

• Todd

You can become an MMA fighter at any age. Whether you'll be any good is questionable, because it takes a person 4 years just to be good and physically fit at a sport, more than 6-8 years of dedicated training to become proficient enough to compete professionally, probably more with MMA because of the wide breadth of knowledge required. You'll be in your 40's then. It's debatable.