Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 months ago

Are indoor exercise bikes worth it?

I want to exercise as I can only go out my house to exercise once a day. I’m used to walking about 9000 steps a day but can only walk about 2000 now my country is in lockdown. 

I was just wondering are indoor exercise bikes worth it and will they help me loose weight?

"Worth it" in what way?  If you use an exercise bike, it will provide you with opportunity to get some aerobic exercise, burn some calories, and build some thigh muscle.  Can you do exercise indoors that does the same thing for less money? Yes. Any aerobic, kickboxing, bodyweight, HIIT exercise program will provide the same opportunity. There are dozens of streaming, online, and video programs you can find and follow.  Some are free and some cost money--but a whole lot less than a bike.

Weight loss is 80% diet.  When you are in a situation with limited activity, what you eat, how much you eat, and when you eat will be far more important than your exercise program. 

• Louis

Can't you just go for longer walks? Around here every one is walking for exercise. Mostly alone or with their self quarantined families or with others - just 6 feet apart.

Yesterday I went for a 2-mile walk. And the day before a 4 miler. You can even dust off your bike and ride around town, too. 

But today it is raining so I'm going to use my exercise bike for exercise bike for exercise 

Exercise bikes are probably the least expensive option in the home equipment market place. Best bet - buy one used. Some people are giving them away if you will just pick it up. but you will probably have to wait till the shelter in place order is lifted. 

• nalla

If you have a vivid imagination and don’t mind going nowhere 

Yes, definitely. Get involved with an online group to get a competitive element with it.