promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why are US citizen are so careless against coronavirus?

I've noticed that USA are now on the 1st place on most cases from all countries over the world? I'm wondering why american citizens are keeping infected themselves from coronavirus?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

People are not following the rules. They're not staying home.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

We received mixed messages early on about the dangers of coronavirus with our own president assuring us that it wasn't a big deal. Now that it has spread across the country, some people are still in denial. Young adults feel like they are at low risk, so they are still out on the beaches or partying. America was founded by rebels, people who were unhappy with the laws, taxes and religious restrictions in England and Europe. So that rebellious attitude is part of our cultural makeup, one that is celebrated in our movies, music and TV shows. We don't like to be told what to do, so we have a tendency to flout the rules if we disagree with them. (And it's going to work against us with this coronavirus.) Plus, some people are just stupid and don't understand the importance of keeping our distance from one another right now.

• 2 months ago

The more testing there is done the more cases are found, and the USA has a much larger population than the other countries except for China.  If you think China has actually almost stopped having new cases then I have a bridge in Brooklyn you should buy from me.

Also, the mortality rate in the USA is 1.5%, which you need to compare with the rates in other countries.  That percentage will go down as the USA continues to increase testing and finds more people who test positive but aren't really sick.  

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The US has been slow to learn the lessons from other countries some who are two to three weeks ahead in infection.... so the USA have not applied consistant EXPERT medical advice to the public, been slow to put in social distancing rules instead have continued to play their political games......... at a time when EVERYONE needs to be working on the same page with society working together to protect each other. Convid 19 doesn't care what political persausion someone is, how rich or poor they are or how old/young

https://google.com/covid19-map/?hl=en

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Per capita, we are not in first place. We have a lot of cases because we have a lot of people.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.