Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsOther - Diseases · 2 months ago

Am I a jerk for not cleaning up a bathroom when I was off the clock?

I clean bathrooms at a port. I had clocked out. Whent and watched the waves for a bit, and then whent to the bathroom. Someone shat all over the toilet. I just went home, and left it for my coworker her works tommarrow.

No not a jerk. The person who made the mess was a jerk. You had no obligation at this point, but I would say it was a little inconsiderate. I would think the mess would be more difficult to clean and smell worse after sitting around for a while.

If they ask if you knew about it don't lie and explain the situation honestly. Your boss may decide to fire you tho so hope no one ask. 

• Bort

You're not a jerk for not working when you're not scheduled to and not clocked in. The person who did it, that's not an accident if it was everywhere, did it on purpose and they are the jerk for doing it. Even if it was an accident they should have cleaned their own mess or at least alerted someone that there was a mess. They didn't have to claim fault when they reported it. 

no you are not being jerk. it's after your work time. It's would've been nice of you if you did clean it though since it's easier to clean fece before it dries up and get stick to toilet. 

Yes you are a jerk.

No, you were off the clock already. You are not supposed to work when off the clock. I do feel bad for your coworker though. But I bet you do too. But you're good.

• ?

Once you're clocked off, its no more your responsibility than it would be any other member of the public, but if one of your colleagues sees it differently, you cant tell them theyre not allowed to be upset