Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Ebay seller refuses to refund me?

I was letting my daughter on my phone for a while I was cooking and she accidentally purchased a $50 Sports doll from eBay $50!!!! For a DOLL !!!! So I immediately requested for a refund, and eBay said that the seller would get back to me within three days to days in, my request has been denied so I messaged the seller to see why it was denied. The seller told me he needed to know the reason why I requested a refund and I explain to him the situation about my daughter accidentally purchasing it this man was extremely rude he accused me of making the whole story up and wanted to know how my daughter could purchase something when She would need to put all the information in now on eBay you can press the buy it now button and then press the confirm button and you don’t need to put information if your information is already on your eBay account which mine was and I tried to explain to him the situation and I did apologize for the inconvenience he did not believe one word I said he said we had entered a contract and that the contract needed to be made and instead of being a little understanding he was extremely rude again refused to give me my refund and then ship the doll to me Now I don’t know what to do what am I gonna do with the $50 doll I don’t want a $50 doll!! He also stated that I was getting the price of a lifetime that these dolls normally sell for $100 and that I was getting the best deal on the market again don’t want it I just want a refund I don’t know what to do

Your daughter actually did you a favor: Re-sell the doll, whether on Ebay or another site like fb marketplace, craigslist, letgo .. Maybe sideline swap (they're more for sports equipment but it's sports related) Just make sure there's a profit margin + share the difference with her.

Read the ad carefully. If there is even ONE thing in the ad that's not quite true, notify eBay about the part of the ad that's not true - do this by starting a Return Claim. Then eBay will contact the seller to try to resolve the problem. This is all you need to start a Return Claim. You do not have to go into the story in which your daughter ordered the item.

Even if the seller has a "No Returns" notice on the ad, eBay will refund your money and deduct the money from the seller's account - though you might be required to return the item.

Remember, a seller having a "No Returns" policy does NOT stop you from filing a Return Claim against him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2rDjB2ysbs

Youtube thumbnail

You are NOT legally entitled to a refund. The seller bears ZERO responsibility and you bear 100% of the responsibility for the misuse of your phone. Consider it a $50 lesson learned.

They aren't required to.

if they normally sell for $100, then sell it for $100, and make a $50 profit.

If you used a credit card, contact your credit card company to dispute the charge as not authorized.  

Never ever use paypal unless it is funded with a credit card.  Paypal provides no additional security that your credit card doesn't already provide.  And, the protections are much weaker than a credit card's protections.  Paypal is the single most pointless business ever created.  

A two year old can't read.  First how did she get on ebay then then manage to touch all the right keys to make the purchase?

• PAMELA

So tell e bay how he is treating you, send the doll back and request a refund.

Assuming that it was charged to a credit card just call the bank on Monday and tell them what happened. They should be able to reverse the charge in some way.

• Justise2 months agoReport

Thank you so much !!! I would have never thought of that !! I will 

• Rick B

Well, I guess you can turn around and sell it to someone else on eBay.

• Justise2 months agoReport

Yea I guess that’s what I’m going to have to do  thank you for the advice I really appreciate it :)