promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingToddler & Preschooler · 2 months ago

How do you deal with a “meth baby”?

His bio mom did meth while she was pregnant with him. He has severe behavioral problems that exceeds the norm for a toddler. He’s two and he is 90-nothing 24/7. He hits, bites, kicks and slaps out of the blue for no reason. If you tell him no, he slaps himself in the face repeatedly and pitches a fit. Timeouts do nothing but make it worse. He hits other kids for no reason; I’ve tried pulling him to the side and getting down on his level and talking to him in words that he can comprehend to let him know that his behavior is unacceptable but nothing works. Do shrinks see two year olds?? Like I literally have no clue what to do or where to begin seeking professional help. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • art
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

a slap on the bum from a parent every time he acts up will work wonders

• Elle
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

OMG!  By all means kick the kid when he is down and out of sorts... whats wrong with you?  The parents are at their wits end... and you want them to carry on with Corporal  punishment?  The kid is already suffering enough!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

What type of medical and neurological evaluations has he had?

• 2 months ago

This is a lifetime condition. It takes tons of love and therapy to raise, socialize and educate that poor victim. The same thing happens with crack.

• 2 months ago

He may need a neurological evaluation first, and a lead test, just in case he's suffering lead poisoning (not impossible given his parent).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't think a shrink will help.  His problems are not psychological, they are caused by physical damage to his brain from exposure to the drug.  A co-worker of my wife adopted a crack-baby in the late 90s. This woman was a school counselor and her husband was a lawyer.  They were an educated, caring family and they tried everything to help this boy.

The child's behavior in his early years was much like the child you are speaking of.  In school he was constantly in trouble.  He dropped out at 16. As a teenager, he beat up his adoptive mom several times, did drugs, petty theft, etc. got a girl pregnant at 16, and eventually wound up in prison for armed robbery.

• 2 months ago

Start with his pediatrician.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.