Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Should I reschedule my appointment with my dentist to get my wisdom teeth removed?

With the coronavirus, I’m afraid of getting complications and not getting hospital care. I have 3 wisdom teeth that should have been removed years ago. The appointment is scheduled for April 9

• audrey

If you are not in pain, i think you'd be smart to postpone. You do not want to be in the hospital right now.

• Dave F

Yes!  Currently, dentists are only seeing patients with Dental Emergencies.  This is unlikely to change by April 9. If the wisdom teeth are not bothering you, then just wait a little longer until everything goes back to normal.

Unless you're in pain I think you should reschedule.

Honestly, if this problem has waited for years already, it can wait a couple more months. The risk at the dentist's office should be minimal, but there's no harm in rescheduling.

You should talk to your dentist